Competition phase

Share your experiences and questions about PerfectPace Ultimate AI with the community.
Njhaltytri

Competition phase

Post by Njhaltytri »

Hi.

I’m entering the competition phase, and with 8 weeks to my main A race this year, and with 2 of those being taper weeks, I have 6 weeks of training left.

Can you please explain then the logic that, in the next two weeks, 6 out of my 7 runs are zone 2 base runs? Shouldn’t I be training at higher intensities at this stage of the season? I’m getting very concerned, that whilst my base endurance is improving, I’m hardly getting any race pace practise that I will need on race day. My A race is an Olympic distance triathlon. I could understand more if it was an Ironman.

Any thoughts on this please would be good. I’ve enjoyed the app far but yearn for more clarity as what it’s setting for me in this vital period.

Thank you. Nick

Re: Competition phase

Post by Moderator »

Hi Nick,

thank you for your message. I agree, this sounds strange. We will investigate this and let you know as soon as possible.
We'll contact you via mail in case we have additional questions.

Cheers
Train, race and recover at your PerfectPace

Post by Moderator »

Hi again,

we had a look into your plan and we can assure you that everything works as expected. Your next training week has a bike focus so there is only one hard run workout and the others are bike workouts and the week after has a run focus. Don't worry, it's going to work out.

All the best for your competition!
Train, race and recover at your PerfectPace
Njhaltytri

Post by Njhaltytri »

Thanks for reassuring me! I will keep the faith 😊