Incorrect Trimp estimations

Share your experiences and questions about PerfectPace Ultimate AI with the community.
Njhaltytri

Incorrect Trimp estimations

Post by Njhaltytri »

Hi there,

I've been using Ultimate AI for about 4 weeks now and generally enjoy it

I've noticed on several workouts, particularly with cycling and running interval workouts (e.g. Run 'Endurance race', Bike 'Coordination Technique 3') that the estimated trimp values do not equate to the actual values upon completing the workout, even if you have completed to the exact pace / power.

I should think that these incorrect values will interfere with the AI and how it optimises.

Thanks, Nick

Re: Incorrect Trimp estimations

Post by Moderator »

Hi Nick,

thank you for your message!
The Trimp estimation is calculated from the values of your workout description (which again is based on your athlete profile).
By how much are the estimated values off your real values?
It can happen that the estimated Trimp values and the executed values are not exactly the same as pauses, warmup and cooldown phases can just be an estimation. Also intervalls can be tricky for a watch to track correctly if you don't use power and even then there will be spikes which can only be estimated.
But the important thing is that the algorithm adapts your plan according to the executed values. If you do more than expected it will adapt accordingly just as if you do less.

I hope that helps.
Train, race and recover at your PerfectPace
Njhaltytri

Post by Njhaltytri »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'd argue that incorrect estimations will have an effect in future planning and optimisation. E.g. The last time I completed 'Endurance Race' Run my actual Trimp value was 90 compared to the planned 52, despite the fact I paced all the intervals either to the required pace or slightly slower. That's quite a difference. I have the same session coming up in a couple of days, and on the same day I have a strength session. So I expect my actual trimp will be huge on that day whereas if the algorithm knew that the trimp was going to be much bigger for the run it wouldn't have planned in the strength session on the same day, or at the very least given me a rest day / easy day for the day after.

Many thanks, Nick

Post by Moderator »

Hi Nick,
I have had a closer look at your activities. Especially your Endurance Race activities. The diffences between the estimated and the actual Trimp points come from your rest time. In the workout layout we estimate a pause with 0 trimp as most people just press the pause button on their watch and try to catch a breath - especially after an interval.
You kept jogging at a pace that collected enough trimp to cause the difference.

But as I wrote earlier, the AI will keep an eye on your robustness and plan the right amount of activities for you.
Njhaltytri

Post by Njhaltytri »

OK.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm assuming warm up and warm downs are also not included in the estimation?

Nick

Post by Moderator »

Right
HSCH

Post by HSCH »

Wie wird beim Radfahren der TRIMP berechnet. Beim Rollentraining kommt mir der Wert etwas niedrig vor.
Mein Kickr "misst" aber auch definitiv zu wenig km. Die Wattwerte sollten ja aber stimmen.